The rest of the month
I had given notice that July 7th would be my last day doing instrumentation work at the refinery this year, but reconsidered and asked if they would be open to me taking five weeks off from that date and then returning to work for another five weeks or so. They said yes. So on July 7th I finished work at noon and we started driving northward. I was driving the truck, pulling the fifth wheel trailer with Juanita following in the car. We came in from the RV park and got on the ring road. Before we reached our exit a truck came alongside and yelled that the trailer was "missing a hub cap". I pulled over and discovered that a bearing grease cap had disappeared.
So we drove to the weigh station on the highway to Saskatoon and I left Juanita and the rig there and drove back to Regina looking for a bearing cap. Princess Auto was sold out of the right style so I bought an "almost" and checked an RV dealer. They had nothing big enough but gave me the address of a couple of axle places that "might" be open Saturdays. I had left my cell phone in the truck and the RV dealer wasn't interested in letting me use their phone. This had already taken too much time and rather than drive around checking for parts I elected to return to the trailer. After some judicious pounding the cap went in.
When we stopped at Davidson the cap was no longer on the wheel. I took the car and went to the local dealer and bought a package of two bearing caps. The first one stayed on. I now have a spare for next time.
We made it to Meadow Lake and got set up by dark. The hitch was a challenge to uncouple with the truck's front wheel sunk into the low spot from the power line trench, but we used the trick from the bad old days before we had a levelling hitch and unclipped the deck and raised it with the trailer and drove out from under it and took it off by hand a couple of days later.
We are here for five weeks.
At this point we are two weeks in and the drywall mudding is almost done. Next week sometime we should be able to paint at least the kitchen and start installing wall cabinets. Also done is the grading and filling in of all the settled spots from the septic tank and outfall trenching. The root balls of all of last year's pushed down trees are cut off and moved into their permanent resting spot.
I'll get back to you on the rest of activities.