Before things fully leaf out the underbrush is sparse. You can see all the old dead branches and decaying logs laying there. I dragged them out from beside the driveway, threw them on the truck and drove them to Ernie’s burn pile. This is a slow process and things green up fast so when I moved away from the driveway to the area behind the house I just dragged and piled. By the time those piles were complete the window when you can see through the bush had closed. I pecked away at trucking away the piles, but there are usually more urgent or interesting things to do. Perhaps later this summer when there are some teenage boys around…
Meanwhile Spring drove other outside activities. We got the grow frames going again and planted honey berries, raspberries and a couple of saskatoon bushes. May 19th, it snowed. Not much. It didn’t stay long but it snowed. May 29th, I went to Bethel Camp for the day to help with the annual clean-up. It was good to out with other people, in a group, doing mundane but useful stuff. It felt strange to sit at the same picnic table with others to eat lunch and then John Mielke and I hauled leaves, pine needles and branches to the official burn site a few miles away in the Provincial Park.
We got our second jab of Moderna. I had a mild reaction. This jab didn’t cause a heart attack in Juanita. It only took her pulse rate up to 130 for a couple of days. Not quite double her normal heart rate.
Debbie’s family set up an incubator with several duck eggs. One hatched. It imprinted on Debbie. The cats and dog tolerated it with apparent reluctance. They twitched at the more obvious reaction to a tasty little duck, but they refrained from their natural tendencies. Would that I could exercise that level of self control.
Free Lumber! Update
The free lumber saw guide was not square. I measured the misalignment and contacted the distributor. They sent a new one. It was a little better. I never got around to trying it out. Busy but not with making lumber. Maybe next year.
Ash & Cinder
Sonja’s book, Ash and Cinder, was published with a new cover design. We bought our copy.
We celebrated Sasha’s birthday at Debbie and Ernie’s one evening. The duck helped.
Books of This Month
Point form for now
- The Coelho Medallion
- Ash and Cinder republished with new cover design bought a copy
- The Atlantis Riddle
- Hong Kong by Luke Richardson
- Financial Freedom byy Grant Sabatier
- Prejudice - Two Democracies by Alistair Shaw
- Liberty - Two Democracies by Alistair Shaw
- Berlin by Luke Richardson
- Gray Matter by Nick Pirog
- Kathamandu by Luke Richardson
- The Afrikaans by Nick Pirog
- 3:00 A.M. Series Books 1-5 by Nick Pirog (read 3:00 A.M. as well part of series?)
- A Body on the Beach by P.F. Ford
- Influence - The psychology of Persuasion by Robt Cialdini
- Displacement by Brad Parkinson
- Scott Blade - A Jack Widow thriller, Without Measure
- Lessons from the Potholes of Life by Barb Rees
- Show Me - Nick Pirog
- The Wasteland Chronicles - Apocalypse - Kyle Wood
- The Wasteland Chronicles - Omnibus Edition - Kyle Wood
- DVD - Mr Jones
- DVD - Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Tom Hanks